Tracy E. Hansen
Director of Finance
Ph: (314) 835-6113
Mary Jo Layton
Ph: (314) 835-6114
Ph: (314) 835-6116
12325 Manchester Rd.
Ph: (314) 835-6100
Fx: (314) 835-6101
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Department of Finance is responsible for safeguarding the fiscal integrity of the City of Des Peres through the development and implementation of sound financial policies and practices. The Department is responsible for the following functions:
- Accounting for and reporting of all funds
- Advising City Departments on cash management and risk management issues
- Acquiring and monitoring the property, casualty, liability, and worker's compensation insurance programs
- Assisting in preparation of the annual budget, and monitoring revenues and expenses during the year
- Billing and / or collecting all funds owed the City
- Managing debt, including policy development, issuance, and servicing
- Investing and managing the City's surplus cash and funds held in trust
- Preparing monthly financial statements, the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), and certain special financial analyses and projects
- Processing and disbursing over 4,000 payroll checks annually
The City employs the services of an independent auditing firm to perform an annual audit of the city finances and financial reporting systems.