The City of Des Peres is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will continue to provide updates as they become available. Be advised that the City has taken the following precautionary measures:
- In response to new guidelines issued by the St. Louis County Department of Health, The Lodge Des Peres is scheduled to open on Monday, June 15 on a limited basis. At this time, we are limiting admission to current Lodge Members and Residents of Des Peres. Non-member resident admission will be on a first-come, first-served basis and residents will need to show their Lodge-issued Resident ID card and pay an entrance fee of $7 per person (2 and younger are free). Card payments only; no cash or checks. Residents and members are not allowed to bring non-resident guests. To purchase a Resident ID card for daily admission, Des Peres Residents need to visit the front desk in the main lobby of The Lodge. Please note: you need to bring a current utility bill and driver’s license in order to prove residency. Residents may contact Aaron Kaminski at email@example.com or 314.835.6150 to set up a time to get their card prior to 6/15/20. For more information, please visit https://www.desperesmo.org/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1012
- The Des Peres Government Center officially reopened to the public on Wednesday, June 3 on a limited basis pursuant to St. Louis County Health guidelines. Customers are encouraged to continue doing business by electronic means (or by US Mail) to prevent further spread of the disease. In-person service with city staff can be arranged by calling 314-835-6100. Individuals requesting in-person service must wear appropriate facial coverings and adhere to social distancing guidelines while inside the facility. Social distancing markers have been installed throughout the building to help promote and enforce social distancing rules. Please do your part and maintain at least six (6) feet of separation between yourself and other individuals while inside the facility. All transaction counters have been upgraded with plexiglas windows to prevent cross contamination of harmful diseases. Please stay behind these windows AT ALL TIMES for your benefit and for the safety of those working at City Hall. All other concerns can be addressed using our Report of Concern Portal.
- Although City Hall has officially reopened to the public, our preference is to continue utilizing the drop-off location located at the rear (northern) entrance of the building for mail and package deliveries to minimize contact and prevent cross contamination.
- Closure of all Board of Aldermen Meetings to the public until further notice. Accommodations have been made to broadcast live stream videos of all Board of Aldermen meetings using Zoom. Please refer to the Agenda Center for access these videos, as links to every live stream will be posted on each meeting agenda.
- Creation of a temporary e-newsletter called "The Des Peres Times" published on a weekly basis with the goal of delivering updates and announcements on COVID-19 including preparedness efforts, continuity of city services and other relevant information.
- Appointed Director of Public Safety as Director of Civil Defense.
- Suspension of Certain Business Regulations to facilitate continuing operation and reopening efforts of local businesses.
- Suspension of Delivery Limitations for grocery stores, pharmacies and similar merchants to provide greater latitude for restocking essential supplies and improve availability for consumers.
- Cancellation of the June Municipal Court Date per Judge Billings. A decision regarding the July Court session will be addressed at a later date.
- Suspension of current licenses and a moratorium on the issuance of door-to-door solicitors permits effective immediately thru July 15.
- Permission granted to the City Administrator and Director of Public Safety to carry out emergency purchasing including the assignment and reassignment of personnel and scheduling as necessary.
For more information, we suggest using the following resources:
- St. Louis County has a website dedicated to providing up-to-date information relating to COVID-19, including resources available and answers to frequently asked questions: www.stlcorona.com
- The St. Louis County Department of Public Health hotline is available 24/7. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who believe they have been in contact with with a person infected with COVID-19 can call the hotline with their concerns: (314) 615-2660
- For standard COVID-19 questions, there is an additional line now available to take calls: 2-1-1. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services hotline can be reached at (877) 435-8411.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is a national resource for disease prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Guidance for COVID-19 caregivers and information on protective masks.