The City of Des Peres is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will continue to provide updates as they become available. Be advised that the City has taken the following precautionary measures:
Declared a State of Emergency effective March 16 with the following orders issued:
- Authorized closure of The Lodge Des Peres for an indefinite period with the goal of reopening on a limited basis upon change in St. Louis County Health order. Please visit the following links regarding The Lodge and Parks activities as they relate to COVID-19.
- Restricted access to the Government Center with only essential staff permitted to enter the facility. A drop-off location has been established at the rear (northern) entrance of the building in which critical documents can be submitted for review. City Hall staff can be reached at 314-835-6100 during normal working hours (8am-4:30pm). All other concerns can be addressed using our Report of Concern Portal.
- Closure of all Board of Aldermen Meetings to the public until further notice. Accommodations have been made to broadcast live stream videos of all Board of Aldermen meetings using Zoom. Please refer to the Agenda Center for access these videos, as links to every live stream will be posted on each meeting agenda.
- Creation of a temporary e-newsletter called "The Des Peres Times" published on a weekly basis with the goal of delivering updates and announcements on COVID-19 including preparedness efforts, continuity of city services and other relevant information.
- Appointed Director of Public Safety as Director of Civil Defense.
- Suspension of Delivery Limitations for grocery stores, pharmacies and similar merchants to provide greater latitude for restocking essential supplies and improve availability for consumers.
- Cancellation of the June Municipal Court Date per Judge Billings. A decision regarding the July Court session will be addressed at a later date.
- Encouragement of residents and customers to interact with City Hall whenever possible by electronic means.
- Suspension of current licenses and a moratorium on the issuance of door-to-door solicitors permits effective immediately thru July 15.
- Permission granted to the City Administrator and Director of Public Safety to carry out emergency purchasing including the assignment and reassignment of personnel and scheduling as necessary.
For more information, we suggest using the following resources:
- St. Louis County has a website dedicated to providing up-to-date information relating to COVID-19, including resources available and answers to frequently asked questions: www.stlcorona.com
- The St. Louis County Department of Public Health hotline is available 24/7. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who believe they have been in contact with with a person infected with COVID-19 can call the hotline with their concerns: (314) 615-2660
- For standard COVID-19 questions, there is an additional line now available to take calls: 2-1-1. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services hotline can be reached at (877) 435-8411.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is a national resource for disease prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
- Guidance for COVID-19 caregivers and information on protective masks.