The City of Des Peres is closely monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and will continue to publish information as it becomes available. Be advised that the City has taken the following precautionary measures:
Declared a State of Emergency effective March 16 with the following orders issued:
- Appointed Director of Public Safety as Director of Civil Defense.
- Authorized closure of The Lodge Des Peres with a tentative reopening date of April 5 pending an evaluation of conditions.
- Immediate cancellation of all programs offered by the City, whether at The Lodge or City Studio.
- Cancellation of all facility rentals at The Lodge thru mid-May in accordance with St. Louis County social distancing rules. Use of meeting spaces by groups at the Des Peres Government Center have also been cancelled.
- Cancellation of the April 6 Municipal Court Date per Judge Billings. A decision regarding the May Court session will be addressed at a later date.
- Cancellation of special events including the Easter Egg Hunt (April 11) and Monster Machines Day (May 7). Status of the June Summer Concert Series remains unclear and will be evaluated as circumstances change.
- Encouragement of residents and customers to interact with City Hall whenever possible by electronic means.
- Suspension of current licenses and a moratorium on the issuance of door-to-door solicitors permits effective immediately thru May 15.
- Permission granted to the City Administrator and Director of Public Safety to carry out emergency purchasing including the assignment and reassignment of personnel and schedules as necessary.
For more information, we suggest using the following resources:
- St. Louis County has a website dedicated to providing up-to-date information relating to COVID-19, including resources available and answers to frequently asked questions: www.stlcorona.com
- The St. Louis County Department of Public Health hotline is available 24/7. Those who are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms or who believe they have been in contact with with a person infected with COVID-19 can call the hotline with their concerns: (314) 615-2660
- For standard COVID-19 questions, there is an additional line now available to take calls: 2-1-1. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services hotline can be reached at (877) 435-8411.
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) is a national resource for disease prevention: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus